I started P90X2 yesterday.
If you’ve followed my site for any length of time, you probably read about my experience with P90X (the first one). If not, you can read about it here: I Completed P90X.
Tony Horton and the gang at BeachBody.com have just released P90X2. It arrived on my doorstep about 10 days ago. Here’s some of my thoughts and plans as I embark on this journey…
- I’m going to keep an online journal of my progress on a tumblr blog. You can check it out at timage.tumblr.com. There’s also a link on my sidebar.
- I started on December 26, 2011. I didn’t want to start on January 1, 2012 because I don’t think New Year’s resolutions work. If you need to make a change in your life, then make the change. A date on the calendar can’t be your sole motivation. The main reason I chose 12/26/11 is because it’s a Monday. My P90X(2!) rhythm works better with a Monday – Sunday schedule.
- I’m not on the journey alone. My co-worker, friend, and fellow traveler Kenton is doing it with me. I’m excited to see his progress. I think it’s helpful to have someone pushing you along the way.
- The hardest part of the P90X programs is the nutrition side of things. Yes, the workouts are brutal. But bad eating habits are hard to break, especially if you surround yourself with junk food. I’d say that nutrition is at least 60% of the program.
- Today is Day 2. There are a lot of people who will try P90X2. I’m really looking forward to being one of the few people who are writing about Day 47 or Day 63 or Day 85! The crowd starts to thin out the farther you get into this thing.
Here we go. It’s time to BRING IT…again!