You find yourself in a leadership role. Now the question keeps crossing your mind, Where do I position myself to make the greatest impact?
Should I push or should I pull?
Do I get out in front or stay back and support?
Rather than make that kind of decision in the moment, I’ve started to compile a list of when a leader should go first and when a leader should go last.
When should a leader go first?
- When taking responsibility.
- When leading oneself.
- When setting the example.
- When something feels unsafe.
- When righting a wrong.
- When lining up to take the blame.
When should a leader go last?
- When receiving praise.
- When meeting the needs of the team.
- When ensuring everyone has a chance to speak.
- When lining up to eat (thank you Simon Sinek)
What would you add to this list?
Share this Post