In my work with student leaders I’m often asked how one becomes a leader.
My first response: Lead yourself first. That’s a given in each and every situation.
But there are other ways that one can move into a the role of a leader – whether you’re in a position or not.
Here are some of my ideas:
A leader emerges when someone…
· sees a need and meets it.
· has an idea and implements it.
· creates an activity and organizes it.
· comes up with a plan and unleashes it.
· takes a project and runs with it.
· sets a team goal and rallys others around it.
· gathers a team and takes charge of it.
· encounters a problem and takes care of it.
· implements a vision and works toward it.