Can you tell the difference between an ordinary and extraordinary student leader? There are certain qualities that quickly separate the average from the outstanding. Each one of these qualities can be learned, practiced, and improved upon. These ten unique qualites become the target on the wall for student leaders. Students have already chosen to stand up and lead. This presentation helps them to go to the next level and stand out from those who just go through the motions.
During this presentation, I will walk through each of the ten qualities. I’ll provide real-life examples and practical action steps so student leaders can walk out and begin developing these characteristics immediately. The first six qualities include…
- Out-Of-The-Box Thinking – This quality is seen in those student leaders who use creativity and innovation to make each event and project a “little extra” special.
- Taking Responsibility – This quality is seen in those student leaders who bear the weight of their choices and the consequences of those choices.
- Eagerness To Learn – This quality is seen in those student leaders who are willing to grow from all of the lessons a year of student leadership provides.
- An Eye For Detail – This quality is seen in those student leaders who pay attention to the little things.
- Willingness To Help – This quality is seen in those student leaders who use their own strengths, resources, and time in the service of others.
- Solution-Seeking Mindset – This quality is seen in those student leaders who see a problem and find a way to solve it rather than run from it, ignore it, or complain about it.
…Plus four more!
This presentation is intended for student leaders who are working with a team of people. I would recommend it for a high school or college-age audience. It is appropriate for both faith-based and non faith-based organizations.
This presentation is designed as a workshop. The ideal workshop length is two hours. It can also be delivered as a keynote of 45-60 minutes in length.
- Participants will identify ten unique qualities that will make them stand out from among the average student leader.
- Participants will learn at least three practical action steps for each quality to develop them in their own lives.
- Participants will leave with a better understanding of what’s required to be a great student leader.