There are numerous iPhone apps out there that one can use to navigate and interact with Twitter. I’ve tried almost all of the free ones that I could find and even dropped a buck or two on a few. But I’ve got one app right now that’s my favorite. It’s the only one I use.
I’ll just say that the runner-up was TweetDeck. It was my app of choice for awhile. It did most of the things that I was looking for. Sometimes it was buggy, but I liked it. Until…
…I started using Tweetie.
Tweetie (from atebits) has a clean interface. It looks great on an iPhone and offers some stellar features. Here’s what I like:
- Very easy to switch between multiple accounts. I can check various Twitter accounts that I’m using and post from each one with ease.
- It allows you to post from any account from within any account. I don’t have to switch from one account to another to post.
- It does well with lists. Lists have been a great feature for Twitter. Tweetie lets me access those with ease.
- It updates nicely. I don’t find that I lose very many tweets with Tweetie. When you get to your latest tweet in your stream, you simply pull the list down and it manually updates the most recent tweets.
- When I post, I can easily input a photo, take a photo to use, geotag, search usernames, peruse hashtags, and shrink url’s with little effort.
- I can save searches, check out what’s trending, and even search nearby tweets from people who are in close proximity to my location.
I think every app has some room for improvement. Tweetie does almost everything I need in a Twitter app. One feature that I would like to see is the ability to schedule tweets. I think Hootsuite has an iPhone app that will do that. Other than that. I am very satisfied.
If you haven’t found an iPhone app for Twitter that you’re pleased with, give Tweetie a try. If you’ve got something even better, let me hear about it below.
If you don’t follow me on Twitter yet, I am @timage.